Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3 Sweet Years







Baby boy, or shall I say, BIG boy...you have now reached your 3rd year! Doesn't seem possible, I know I always say that, but it's so TRUE! I still feel like I'm in my low 20's and don't understand how I could already be a mother of a 3 year old! But Praise GOD, I am! And I love every last second of it and you!

We celebrated your birthday at the Party Palace again this year. The cold weather of early March makes it a must to have your party indoors and unfortunately where we live...there aren't too many choices. But you LOVE Party Palace and I really like it too, so all is well.

The theme for your party was Disney Pixar's Cars Movie. And all the decor turned out looking so well; including your awesome cake and cupcakes! Now, we had a friend, Megan, do the cake, but you and I did the cupcakes, which was fun and they were tastey!



Lots of family and friends attended your birthday celebration and I think you smiled 99% of the time...which made all of our hardwork and preparation more than worth it! You were all over the place and for some reason, you didn't want me to snap your picture...too bad though...I did anyway!

We sang the happy birthday song, you blew out your candle, we had cake, and then opened presents. You got lots of goodies and loved each thing (thanks to those that attended and read this!). You got DVD's bats and baseballs, farm animals, bubbles, clothes, a remote control truck (which daddy loves!) and the biggest gift from nana and papaw...a blue PowerWheel F-150 truck. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen such a big smile on your face as when you were driving it...mouth wide open and grinning from ear to ear, those eyes of yours just sparkled! And one of the cutest parts was when all the little boys hopped in with you and you took a spin! A nice preview in to the future, and Carter did the right thing---he buckled his seatbelt AFTER you crashed in to the wall, haha!





You are such a special little boy Gavin, I really don't know what life would be like without sweet YOU. You have brought so much happiness and joy and laughter to our family. I am so thankful that God entrusted us with you...every special little perfect part of you! Even when you get mad at me and tell me you're going to give me to the Dinosaurs---I still smile. We love you more than words could ever express! Happy Birthday to my smart, handsome, full of life, and ENERGETIC little boy!!!! I love you to the moon and back, from the top of your head to the tip of your toes and all the way around INSIDE and OUT!
{Check out that face!}

No comments:

Post a Comment