Sunday, October 28, 2012
This year we let Gavin pick out his costume...we went to the store with all intentions of getting a cute, soft,dinosaur costume, but came out with this instead :). He insisted on it. He called it the skeleton costume, but kept linking up the idea of a skeleton with a pirate ship...a "pirate skeleton". At first, I was a little "iffy". But I think he turned out extra, EXTRA cute; and this little guy wore his mask the entire time we trick or treated!
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
I'm hoping I can get photos to upload today...yesterday, not so much :(. Sun-bathing. How cute is this little diva?
Monday, September 17, 2012
My husband reminded me that I haven't posted about our family vaca this year. I've given it thought, but sometimes the whole uploading pictures/giving details stuff just takes more time than I feel like putting in. But not today :). So, this year we spent our family vacation in the Dominican Republic. Miss Gia, it was your first time flying and your first time visiting another country...you enjoyed both---for the most part :). We flew in to Punta Cana, to a lovely resort, where we met Nelson's parents, whom we hadn't seen in almost a year--you can only imagine how excited my love was to see his sweet parents. They also hadn't seen Giana since she was born and Gav since he was 2, so there was lots of excitement. Might I also add, that Nana and Papaw came with us on the trip which was just a bonus for us all! The resort was nothing short of beautiful, Gavin loved the pool, Giana was amazed with the beach (she loved the sand). The rooms were beautiful, the food good, the weather---aah, we had one day of sunshine (when we arrived) a couple days of clouds and rain, and of course our last day was the most perfect, haha. We spent lots of time relaxing, swimming, eating>> enjoying each other.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
You are 11 months old now, just a few more weeks and you'll be 1. Crazy.
At 11 months You:
* Walk like you've been doing it for years :) sometimes it's almost a run!
* Have 4 bottles a day between 5-6 ounces. We've also started introducing whole milk. You do about 1/2 formula and 1/2 whole.
* You only drink from an actual bottle for your morning and night time bottle, the other 2 are sippy cup. You seem to like the NUK Learner Cup.
* Size 3 Diaper, 9-12 month clothes. You MAY weigh around 20-21 lbs. *maybe*
* When asked for kisses, you are happy to share them>> you lean forward, mouth opened, sweetest thing!
* You give high fives, multiple ones, it's never just one. :)
* We're still working on, "Where's your nose?", to date, you've pointed once. Big moment though!
* You laugh at your brother, you scream at your brother...really depends on how he is treating you at the moment. But you love him so!
* You walk around the couch all.day.long. Rarely sitting & you always are carrying something...usually a ziplock bag, an empty water bottle, or ya never know, it could be a pair of Gavin's underwear that he's ripped off, lol!
* You AND your brother follow mama EVERYWHERE I GO, like everywhere. Even when I need a moment's peace, I still love it.
* You sleep in your crib at night, but absolutely detest taking naps in your room...you just won't have it. So, I hold you and it's wonderful.
* You eat anything and everything, let's hope this trend keeps on keeping on with you. And you prefer to feed yourself, it just tastes better that way ;).
* You have the most beautiful little curls, they just stick up everywhere :)
* So far, you have 3 teeth. 2 on bottom, 1 on top, but it appears that 1 more on top has broken through the gum and another top tooth is on it's way.
* You love your paci, HAVE to have it.
* You like the water and lately during baths you love to slap those hands and splash, splash, splash.
* You still nap in the car easily. You really are a laid back baby, easily pleased and content.
You are the sweetest little princess in our world, we love you so much and are so proud to call you ours! Happy 11 months baby girl!
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Baby girl, you WALK! Not just steps here and there, like mobile, walking!!! And you're only 10 months old, just 7 days in to being 10 months old! WOW! Look at all these exclamation points I've used, haha. I don't know why I'm so surprised, because you've been attempting to walk for a while now, but it's official now. You're so tiny, but you have such wonderful balance.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Only 2 more months and we hit the 1 Year Mark! Doesn't seem possible, but I'm already planning the first birthday of my SECOND child--sheeeesh! At 10 months, Gia, you: * Have 3 teeth! Your 3rd tooth actually broke through the gum on your 10 month exactly. It's a top tooth :) * Size 3 diaper * We've bumped you up to a 12 month in pj's because you're getting just a wee bit too long for your 9 month ones. * Clothing size anywhere from 9-12 months. Size 3 shoe. * You weigh just over 18 lbs. (assumption since your 9 month app.) * You took 17 steps today!!Just 10 months old, wow!!!...all by your sweet self!!! I suspect that you will be walking by 11 months...we shall see. * You have began to eat table food (feeding yourself). So far, you've had toast, biscuits and gravy, pasta, and cooked carrots. Mommy gets SO VERY nervous about letting you eat real food, choking is a fear of mine. So you get the teeny tiniest bites. * You love all the little snacks for babies, the puffs, yogurt drops, and wagon wheels. You really like to eat...so far. * You have the funniest little personality, much like your daddy. You're so serious. And when we tickle you, it's like you don't want us to see you laugh, lol. You stick your hands in your mouth and fight it, hah! You do have a temper from time to time, it's a little high pitch squeal (you get that from me!), and when brother makes you mad, you let us know FAST! But with that said, you are a real sweetheart too and you continue to only want your momma :). * You go to sleep between 8:30-9 and generally sleep til around 7ish, then you wake up and are ready to come cuddle in bed with us. We let you, mainly because I feel like you're only little once, and it's pretty sweet to get to cuddle you for a couple hours! * You attempt to give "high fives" you don't give just one, it's multiple fives, haha. You make the funniest little snorting noise, often, my wittle piggie. You have the most precious smile, it's huge, and you scrunch up your nose, aw precious! * So far, you still enjoy car rides, you sleep, and sleep some more. This will hopefully come in handy when we go on vaca. I hope the flight has the same effect on you. * Oh my goodness, you have THE curliest hair...if we let it air dry, it's ringlets, so cute! * You had your first trip to the lake a few days ago, you really enjoyed the water and your float. You kicked your little feet and had a good time :). We love you so very much baby girl and are so very blessed that God made you so perfectly for us!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
- ▼ 2012 (39)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (32)