Friday, June 25, 2010
The Itsy Bitsy Spider went in to Gavin's Mouth
Over ran your mommy to try to get it out
You chewed up the spider, your belly it went in
Please itsy bitsy spider, never go in Gavin's mouth again!
That's right Gavin. Yesterday afternoon, you picked up a dead spider, chewed it up, and swallowed it down! You won't eat vegetables, you won't eat beef, you won't eat a lot of things, but you were happy to eat a spider. Daddy tried to get it out, but you swallowed quickly on purpose just to be the little rotten turkey you can be :). He did get one spider leg out though...AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I'm sure my little turkey will be eating lots of juicy bugs before it's all said and done, haha!
Monday, June 21, 2010
I took these photos of Gavi today...the duds he's sporting in these photos are from the Dominican Republic and once belonged to Gavin's big cousin Nicolas. I desperately want a new camera because in my eyes, I have the perfect lil' model, but not the most perfect equipment to capture him. But for now, this is the best I can do.
Wow...2 posts within a week...I'm on a roll!!! Gavin's in his room playing now, so I'm taking this nice little opportunity to blog!
Father's Day this year was mainly about relaxing. Nelson has been staying busy with work the last week or so, so on "his" holiday weekend, he wanted to lay back and take it easy. Saturday night we went out to eat at Carrabba's (Nelson's FAVE restaurant). There was a 45 minute wait, but the food was more than worth the wait, and Mr. Gavin was on his best behavior, so it made for a nice evening. Sunday, nothing too eventful, a trip to Sam's Club, Lowe's, and we went to see a model home, just for the fun of it! Upon returning home, we spent the afternoon eating pizza and watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" (lol). Nels may never admit it, but we BOTH love our Housewives reality shows!!! :o))
Without making this post incredibly long, I will just say, that if I threw everything I wanted and hoped for into a model with the hopes of creating the PERFECT father, I would get a Nelson. He adores Gavin and Gavin adores him! Nels can be exhausted from a long day of work, but always takes the time to play with Gavin every evening. As soon as Nels steps in the door from work, he goes down to his knees, opens his arms, and waits for his baby boy to coming running to him with a hug. This is routine, happens everyday...and brings so much joy, pleasure, and contentment to my heart. Nels is PRESENT for everything. Doctor's visits, trips to the beach, trips to the pool, dinnertime, bathtime, bedtime. And even more important, he's Present with his whole heart...Gavin and I are beyond blessed to have him as a father and a husband.
And on to my daddy. I know I can count on him for anything. Even now, 12 hours away, he makes me feel safe...I trust him with my whole heart and I love him with my whole heart. He CAN do anything and WOULD do anything for his family. God blessed me with the perfect daddy, I will always be his little girl, and he will always be my hero.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
So...I'm very behind on my blogging! I once was such an avid blogger and now if I post bi-weekly I'm doing well.
Gavin turned 15 months June 4th, yes, 15 months. 2 is just around the corner it seems. I find it very difficult to get good photos of Gavin lately, because the only time the child is sitting or still is during sleep--and you can only get so many unique sleeping photos!
Gavin David at 15 months:
1) Gavin absolutely adores sports! He's definitely all BOY! He has perfected T-ball, he knows how to put the baseball on the T, swing the bat, and knock the ball far! He also enjoys golf :-)...he swings the golf club at any size ball, and sometimes even at me, hah! He has recently taken up basketball...he has a small goal, but because he's still a little small, he tries to put the ball through the hoop from the bottom (unless he has help).
2) He's also half fish ;-). He loves to play in the pool, go under water, and even attempts to swim (while he's in our arms of course!). He can even float on his back when wearing water-wings...I was impressed, as always...And I'm beginning to believe that he would play in the bathtub for hours without end, if only I would allow him to do so. He tends to throw tantrums here and there when it's time to get out of the tub, which makes for a soaked mama!
3) What a picky eater I have on my hands!! He literally lives off of milk, toast, chicken nuggets, fruit, cheese, yogurt, goldfish, mac and cheese, and pizza. Notice I left out vegetables, beef, all other pastas, etc. And lately, I'm lucky to get him to eat a meal at all...what can I say, he's a busy little guy...and sometimes HE thinks he has better things to do that sit down and eat!
4) Bedtime is 8:30 and he's early to rise, no later that 7am everyday. But what a precious wake up call for me! Nap lengths vary, anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, once a day.
5) If he wants to know what something is, he'll look at it or point to it and say "dat?". He loves learning new things and sometimes you can sit back and see the wheels in his head turning.
6) He claps A LOT. Funny story: During a nap a few days ago, I was lying next to him for a few minutes watching him sleep, and suddenly, with his eyes still closed, he raised his little arms in the air and clapped a few times!! Who knows what the little guy was dreaming about!
7)He loves books. And for the most part will sit through an entire story. I hope he is always a book lover.
8) Gav is obsessed with balls. All sizes, all types. Really, anything round is a ball to him. I can't take him to the fruit and veggie section in the grocery story without loud screams of "ball" and "bae-ball" in reference to apples, peaches, onions, etc. I guess in his eyes the grocery store is such a tease. He sees all these colorful, glorious "balls" everywhere, but can't touch, can't throw, CAN'T.
9)He wears a size 4 diaper and is in 18 months clothing. We've retired all of the 12 months clothing, it's packed up, in storage, and just itching to be put to use again someday :O).
10)Although Gavin can't communicate as well as he'd sometimes like too, he does an amazing job at getting his point across. If he doesn't want something he shakes his head "no". If he doesn't want you to bother him he says "OP!" (stop). When he wants milk, he runs to the refrigerator and tries to open it. He points. And he can spit out some long sentences full of jumbled sounds...not sure what he's saying just yet, but I have a feeling I'll understand him very soon. He also says many words.
11)15 month check-up stats: Weight- 25.4lbs placing him in the 65th percentile
Height- 31inches placing him in the 50th percentile
Head Circ. - 18 1/2 placing him in the 50th percentile
12) Gavin received his MMR vaccination yesterday. He was suppose to get this at 12 months, but I just wasn't ready yet. I went in to the visit with intentions of postponing this shot yet again, but after speaking with his pediatrician in depth about it, Nelson and I both decided to give them the go ahead.
Gav and Nelson's first trip to Turkey Foot, KY