Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 12'

Another Mother's day to be thankful for all the mommy's out there! We started our day off in church and I'm so thankful of that, I'm thankful to say that I really DO ENJOY church and look forward to it. On top of that, the kiddo's where excellent in church, Gavin boy actually slept (WOOHOO!) and Gia bug, though squirmy, was angelic as well. I had just told Nelson on the drive to church that lately the kids had made it hard for me to focus and really take in the sermon. God must have been listening closely(as He always is), because today was very pleasurable, probably because the entire sermon had MY NAME written all over it! It was all about Fear, worry, anxiety, stress. Just what I needed, because I am a self proclaimed worrier...we all fall under that category at times, but this is me most EVERY day. Our pastor spoke on different scriptures, gave statistics on how worrying affects the body, etc. but what spoke to me most was that Worrying.Is.A.Sin, it is a disservice to God. I guess I knew this, but not to the extent that preached it. It's a sin, because when I worry and let it interfere with my everday life, I'm not truly trusting in Him. So, on Mother's Day, I have made it my MISSION to do what I can do and leave the rest to God. And more than likely, I'll have to remind myself of that daily. I have posted on my refrigerator one of the quotes Pastor Trevor said..."When you can- DO, when you can't-TRUST". Matthew 6:34 says, 'Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.' To worry is really to belittle all the great things that My God has given me. And in that, I come back to Mother's Day. My children. Two great blessings that God gave me and He created them perfectly. I am so very thankful (even in the most stressful of moments) that God chose me for them. Being a mother is the most important job and most rewarding job/gift and I'm so thankful. After church we went out for lunch (Nana and Papaw met us) and yet again, my babies were excellent. Gavin ate so well, which if you know Gavin's eating habits, is like receiving a million gifts for Mother's Day, haha! We finished our day at home, due to yucky, rainy weather, we didn't have much choice in that. We enjoyed a little Cinderella and then were off to bed. Not a super eventful day to read about, but all in all, it was nice. A day surrounded by my beautiful family, that's all I really NEED.

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you girl. When he said, 'Worrying means you don't have faith that God will get it right', I about died. How terrible of me. I really am trying to do better!!!

    I hate that we missed each other again yesterday at church. Hopefully we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture-but I love the words of this even more. I know what you mean about the sermon-I got to go Sunday night with just Tanner and I SOAKED IT ALL IN!!

    The Lord knows what we need and when we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of you and the babes!

    ReplyDelete