Sunday, February 28, 2010
Day 365...Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
Day 365 Baby Boy...welcome to the world of 1. Wow, our handsome baby has been bringing us so much joy and laughter for an entire year now. The best year of our lives...you have just trumped EvErYtHiNg, period. You are most definitely the best of both your mommy and daddy! Everytime I look at you, I see your daddy's eyes, lips, and laid back nature. And you give me high-fives with hands that look just like your mama's...and yes we do get a glimpse of my impatient temper tantrums from time to time as well ;0p ! But, what can I say...we know what we want...and...WHEN we want it!
All about you as you say goodbye to 11 months and approach 1 year:
* You aren't officially walking, but you have taken up to 10 steps a couple times!
* You can crawl almost as fast as I can run.
* You consistently try to snap your fingers (it's the cutest thing!)
* We have retired your bottles and moved on to the sippy cup! (this was a challenge)
* Your favorite foods are chicken nuggets and pasta.
* You are becoming a fan of fruit, slowly, but surely. (you enjoy peaches, banana's pineapple, and strawberries, to date.)
* You love to head bang against the couch...it's quite funny!
* We refer to you as "one sock" or "one shoe" from time to time, because you're always sporting only one of the two. Both feet are never in socks/shoes.
* You ejoy standing during most of your bathtime, especially when I rinse your hair.
* You love being outside.
* You're a people person, you never see a stranger, and smile at everyone coming and going.
* Sometimes you grab my face and press your mouth to mine to give me kisses...melts my heart everytime.
* You're a cuddler and you sleep best in your mommy's arms.
* You usually wake up every morning between 5 and 6...and your loving mother get's out of bed and takes you to the couch to hold you while you sleep.
* You greet daddy everyday after work with a big smile and hug.
* You cry when he leaves.
* You love to chat with nana and papa on the webcam (hopefully we'll throw that webcam in the garbage...someday.)
* You love music, you bop up and down to it everytime a song comes on.
* You wear anywhere from 12 to 18 months in clothes, size 4 diaper.
* You...are....the most...beautiful...little person...that I have ever and will ever lay my eyes on.
* Every night when mommy and daddy lay down for bed...we always talk about you and how much you amaze us. I don't think we ever understood just how BIG love could be, until YOU.
Gavin, you have shined a whole new light on life, on love, on being better people. You are our greatest accomplishment, you are the image of what our love for eachother is and can do...and in my eyes, it's a miracle. And we will always be here to give you an infinite amount of love, hugs, and kisses...Happy Birthday to YOU.