Monday, November 9, 2009
Okay...just a little behind on getting the 8 month post up. My baby was officially 8 months old this past Wednesday, November 4th. Gavin got to celebrate his 8 month in Kentucky (which we are very happy about!) so I've not been on top of my blog.
I've also been waiting because my cousin, Kelly took Gavin's 8 month pictures and I wanted to post those on here. She did a fantastic job---she had several beautiful pics and these were the 3 she sent me. If you want to check out her website it is: www.kshartphotography.com They are located in Corbin, KY, love what they do, and want to do lots of it (for any of you who are in need of some new photos!).
Gavin at 8 months:
* His crawling is getting better by the hour! If he sees something he wants he can really move!
* That sweet personality continues to shine through--he has had nothing but smiles to offer to all of his family he has spent time with this week.
* He is fond of grass and leaves and desperately tries to eat them if you leave him unattended on the ground :o).
* He is reaching now...if he wants you, he'll stretch out those sweet arms (which just so happens to make me melt when he reaches for me).
* He is drinking 4 bottles a day and sometimes has 3 jars of baby food a day (banana is his fave).
* His fine motor skills are improving...he can pick up a puff, put it in his mouth, and smack his jaws until it's all gone!
* He holds his sippy cup all by himself.
* As sweet as he is...he can throw a mini-fit when you take him out of his bath.
* He has a small fear of babies (hehe) he usually cries when children 3 years and younger get ANYWHERE near him!
* He is officially in a size 12 months now! (Weighing around 22lbs.)
* He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I usually turn it on for about 10 mins. in the a.m.)
* Since becoming a crawler...he has learned the word "NO" and what it means.
* He has graduated to a big boy carseat! We kissed his infant carseat goodbye just before heading to KY.
I'm behind on my posting, but when I return to FL I will be posting about Gavin's daddy's 5K race (that he won in his division!) and Gavin's Halloween experience.