Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dedication




Today, my two sweet angel's where dedicated at church. (Along with 20 other beautiful children) As the certificate states, we are "Giving him/her into the care and the will of God">>> After all, in reality, our children are only given to us on loan--And boy am I thankful for the two that God chose for us. I feel so very blessed and I know I say that often, but really there is no other way to describe this crazy, wonderful love!

It is our responsibility to raise each of you in the ways of God, guiding you in the Word of God and by EXAMPLE. That's a huge responsibility. And every day I thank God for trusting us and loving us enough to offer these beautiful children in to our care. How awesome is that? I don't think it's anything that should be taken lightly and unfortunately, some people don't view it in the same respect. We make such huge impacts on our children, what we speak AND in our actions. I have to remind myself of this daily---when I get frustrated, when I'm tired, when I get angry, when things aren't going exactly as planned, when I'M the one that is whining and acting like the child! Yes, it's true...sometimes I catch myself sounding like the baby and that's when I have to take a step back, reevaluate the situation, take a breath, and quite frankly tell myself to CALM DOWN :)...because those little eyes are always on me, even when I don't realize it; and those little ears are always open, even when I'm not paying attention. These sweet babies look up to us and we have to lead by example, even in those most difficult moments.

So today, Nels and I felt that it was very important to go forward in church and say that we accept this great responsibility and we will do our Very Best to raise our children in the ways of the Lord.

So, with that said, today we were joined by Nana, Papaw, Pat, Lowell, Wayne, and Carolyn to celebrate these precious gifts at their dedication. The room wasn't all that well lit, but thanks to my dear friend Jess, we got some pictures of the actual dedication. The photographer at the church got a family photo shot, but I don't have that one to share just yet!




I'm so thankful for you both. Gavin and Giana our world is such a happier, warm, sunnier place with the two of you in it. And because of that we felt it absolutely necessary to give you both in to the will of our awesome God!

1 comment:

  1. awesome. awesome. I love it and everything it means to God and your family.

    And you my friend, look fabulous!! Way to go hot mama :)

    ReplyDelete